Sunday, 16 February 2014

Baking Days; Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I had a bit of a quiet Saturday night in yesterday and decided instead of watching Splash (it's so bad, but I can't not watch it!), to bake instead. Now I'm really not a great baker, so this was maybe only the third time I had used this recipe that was mentioned in VivannaDoesMakeup's blog a couple of months ago. This is my take on it, mines maybe don't look the best, but they taste amazing!


So what you'll need is an egg, self raising flour, caster sugar, chocolate powder, butter and lots of chocolate (you can always eat the leftovers, I did..). 
First stick the butter (200g) in the microwave and let it soften a little (best bit of Summer is always having spreadable butter). Now adding the caster sugar (300g) and whisking/mix until it looks really creamy (like below).


After this add your egg and give it a wee stir, then add self raising flour (275g) and hot chocolate powder (75g) and mix until it is all combined (your not suppose to taste it due to the uncooked egg!).


 

Now for my favourite part, crack in as many bars of chocolate as you like, and maybe even add some Nutella. I wish I had added some dark chocolate to this as well! Then scoop some some small handfuls onto a tray lined with baking paper and put in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes (gas mark 6/200 degrees Celsius). If you don't have a conventive oven then make sure to move the trays around so they both get a turn on the topshelf.




This is what they looked like when they came out of the oven, they don't half expand! It does look a but of a mess, but these are honestly the gooiest cookies I've ever eaten.


Now I'm off to enjoy these with a wee cup of tea..
Do you have any recipes to share? What are your favourite cookies?

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww try making them! They are so good!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. these look so delicious!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I shall enter your giveaway, what an amazing prize!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. wow looks so delicious!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :)
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    The link is here: http://fashionfanaticforever2001.blogspot.co.uk/
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I shall do this soon, thank you!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Those look so good! (: Chocolate-aholics ahaha
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I know, I think I have a problem with how much I love chocolate!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Can't ever turn down a gooey cookie - those look yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They were so easy to make!

      xxx

      Delete
  7. That looks so yummy... Craving cookies now before I go to sleep. So not good.

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sorry :P Hope you have some at some point!
      xxx

      Delete
  8. wow looks yummm !!

    http://blushesandbeyond.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! This looks amazing xx

    splashofpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete