Monday, 17 February 2014

War Against Spots

So I've never done a beauty post on this blog before, but there is a first time for everything! In general my skin is normal to combination, and I only get a few spots. But all of my spots scar, even like a small white head will scar for months. So most of my war against spots is put into getting rid of these scars.





My products of  choice are the Effaclar Duo (+) and Rosehip Oil. I've been a lover of the Effaclar Duo for a while now but when my last tube was running out I decided to try the new + version of it. I've found it over very similar to it's older sibling, but this product clears my spots up like nothing I've ever tried! To try and clear my spot scars up, my friend Jillian suggested this Rosehip Oil,  she has never steered me wrong before so of course I ran down to Holland & Barrett to pick up a bottle. It is amazing, it's already taken down a lot of the redness and they take a lot less concealing than they did even a week ago! I'm going to use this a little more and then maybe post before and after pictures. The one tiny downside of this product is it makes my a little more prone to spots, but the way around this is to only use it where you need it! Both these products were around £15 so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either!

Have you ever tried any of these? What are your miracle spot treatments?

16 comments:

  1. These sound like amazing products, great review.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog from a comment you left on mine and am now following you! I love that you have posts about space as well as beauty related posts it makes it so unique! Will have to grab a cup of tea, sit down and have a read through all your space posts! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment!
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! So glad it is doing the trick! It's so exciting when you can see a visible difference! : ) I'm really trying to take care of my skin at the moment. X

    P's: thank you for the comment on my post, I would have replied to you but I deleted the comment by mistake, apologies! X

    www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I am also in war with spots at the moment. I have heard great things about the rosenip oil, I think I will give it a go also.

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great, and so natural as well!

      http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. These two are my go to spot treatments also! I love them. I've done reviews and in depth overview of both products. Would be great if you had a look! Lovely post :)

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'll go check those out, thank you!

      xxxx

      Delete
  6. They look like great products to zap zits! :)

    www.hannahhearts-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I also like you have combination skin with spots that scar. I don't actually use anything on my spots as I've noticed that works best for me now. Although, one thing I can suggest is when you get a new spot (the red ones, not white heads) apply a bit of toothpaste on it. Keep it for a few hours or overnight. It works a treat.

    Another thing I can recommend is the products you use. I have an oil prone t-zone, and I get spots on my forehead mainly. I usd the bodyshop seaweed collection. Their cleaner, toner and face mask. I've been using them for a year now and my spots have reduced overall about 60%. Of course you have to be cautious as to what suits yor skin though!!

    Ayesha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to try this! Toothpaste has saved my face a few times :P Thanks for the lovely post!
      xxx

      Delete