Monday, 12 January 2015

Solar Eclipses Part 1

This is just a quick blog post today, and I think I'll make this part of a small series in which I talk about eclipses. There are two types of eclipses that we see from Earth, solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse. The short explanation for both of these are in a solar eclipse the Moon passes between the Sun and Earth and in a lunar eclipse the Earth passes between the Sun and Moon.

A solar eclipse, as seen from Earth

A lunar eclipse, as seen from Earth.

This is just a really early warning to say that there will be a solar eclipse in March this year! It'll be on March 20th, and the diagram below shows where in the world it will be visible from!


Any area in white, means that the eclipse won't be visible, but I'll talk more about that later! Hopefully Part 2 will be up on Thursday!

Have you guys ever seen an eclipse before? Will you be able to see it from where you are in the world?

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I always enjoy astronomy and making those telescopes where you can see the eclipse!

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting stuff! I'm living in Japan at the moment though so from the map I don't think it's visible for me! xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice view if you are looking for indian view then join me on http://guruofmovie.com

    ReplyDelete